Welcome to the City of Manchester, NH Official Web Site
How do I...
Items at other libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
To submit an interlibrary loan request:
- You must have an unexpired Manchester City Library Card.
- To check on the status of your library card, please call the library at (603) 624-6550 or email email@example.com for further assistance.
When to use the interlibrary loan service:
- If you are already placing requests through our catalog for materials available at other libraries here in the GMILCS consortium, that is great! Please continue doing so!
- NEW! If you are accustomed to searching the NH State Library's Union Public Access Catalog (NHU-PAC) for materials at other NH libraries, good news! NHU-PAC has a new interface that lets you place your own requests, and gives you real-time information on what's available where.
- Use our interlibrary loan request form for materials not available for request through our GMILCS consortium or NHU-PAC. You can also use this form to request items in NHU-PAC if you don't know the password to your library card.
Where can I search for materials in other libraries?
What items can be requested through interlibrary loan?
- We can request most physical materials. Availability is at the discretion of the library owning the material. Digital resources like eBooks, downloadable audiobooks and digital magazines, are not available through interlibrary loan.
How long does it take to receive a requested item?
- Items take approximately two weeks to arrive depending on availability, location and type of transport.
Are there any fees involved?
- There are three occasions when there might be fees associated with your request.
- If there is postage associated with sending the item to our library, then you must pay for the postage.
- In addition, some academic libraries charge a lending fee.
- If you're requesting a magazine article, there may be a charge for photocopies plus postage. Fortunately, most libraries now send articles by e-mail in PDF format.
How many items may you request at a time?
- You may have up to three (3) active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- Your library account balance must be under $10 to check out materials, including interlibrary loan requests.
- You are responsible for paying charges associated with any lost/damaged interlibrary loan as well as postage costs and/or associated lending fees.
- If you do not pick up interlibrary loan materials three times, your privilege to request materials through this service will be revoked for one year.
- You will still be responsible for any charges incurred to obtain the material for you.