Welcome to the City of Manchester, NH Official Web Site
How do I...
Items at other libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
To submit an interlibrary loan request:
- You must have an unexpired Manchester City Library Card.
- To check on the status of your library card, please call the library at (603) 624-6550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
When to use the interlibrary loan service:
- If you are already placing requests through our catalog for materials available through GMILCS libraries, that is great! Please continue doing so!
- Use our interlibrary loan request form for materials not available for request through our GMILCS consortium.
What items can be requested through interlibrary loan?
- We can request most materials. Availability is at the discretion of the library owning the material.
How long does it take to receive a requested item?
- Items take approximately two weeks to arrive depending on availability, location and type of transport.
Are there any fees involved?
- There are two occasions when there might be fees associated with your request.
- If there is postage associated with sending the item to our library, then you must pay for the postage.
- In addition, some academic libraries charge a lending fee.
How many items may you request at a time?
- You may have up to three active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- Your library account balance must be under $10 to check out materials, including interlibrary loan requests.
- You are responsible for paying charges associated with any lost/damaged interlibrary loan as well as postage costs and/or associated lending fees.
- If you do not pick up interlibrary loan materials three times, your privilege to request materials through this service will be revoked for one year.
- You will still be responsible for any charges incurred to obtain the material for you.
Interlibrary Loan Form