Welcome to the City of Manchester, NH Official Web Site
How do I...
Items at other libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
To submit an interlibrary loan request:
- You must have an unexpired Manchester City Library Card.
- To check on the status of your library card, please call the library at (603) 624-6550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
When to use the interlibrary loan service:
- If you are already placing requests through our catalog for materials available through GMILCS libraries, that is great! Please continue doing so!
- Use our interlibrary loan request form for materials not available for request through our GMILCS consortium.
Where can I search for materials in other libraries?
- Try the NH State Library's Union Public Access Catalog (NHU-PAC) to search for materials in most New Hampshire libraries.
- Can't find it in NHU-PAC? Ask a librarian for help. We may be able to find it elsewhere. Email email@example.com or call 603-624-6550 x 3319.
- Note: NHU-PAC will show you if a title is owned by a particular library. It won't show you whether the item is on the shelf, or checked out to someone else. Information is not always up-to-date.
What items can be requested through interlibrary loan?
- We can request most physical materials. Availability is at the discretion of the library owning the material. Digital resources like eBooks, downloadable audiobooks and digital magazines, are not available through interlibrary loan.
How long does it take to receive a requested item?
- Items take approximately two weeks to arrive depending on availability, location and type of transport.
Are there any fees involved?
- There are two occasions when there might be fees associated with your request.
- If there is postage associated with sending the item to our library, then you must pay for the postage.
- In addition, some academic libraries charge a lending fee.
How many items may you request at a time?
- You may have up to three (3) active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- Your library account balance must be under $10 to check out materials, including interlibrary loan requests.
- You are responsible for paying charges associated with any lost/damaged interlibrary loan as well as postage costs and/or associated lending fees.
- If you do not pick up interlibrary loan materials three times, your privilege to request materials through this service will be revoked for one year.
- You will still be responsible for any charges incurred to obtain the material for you.
Interlibrary Loan Form