- Library visitors will be asked to wear a mask. We will provide you with one if you don't have one for your visit. Library staff will be wearing them as well.
- Building will be cleaned during the daily closure.
- Hand sanitizer is available and social distancing is expected in the building.
- Curbside services are still available during open hours.
- Computer stations are limited and can be booked in advance by calling 624-6550 X3319 or e-mailing email@example.com. Staff will log you in to a station so please check in at the Rotunda desk.
- Access to the NH room remains by appointment only. Please book in advance by calling 624-6550 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Materials on Hold are still situated in the lower hallway so that you can “grab it and go”.
- The Children's area will continue to have limited seating. Toys and other items are still not available during your visit.
- Unless visiting together we still encourage only one person in the elevator at a time.
- There is no charging of personal electronic devices.
- All meeting rooms will remain closed to the public as most are still being used as staff workspaces.
- Library programs will continue on our online platforms with some in person programs being planned for the summer
Other changes effective May 17th:
- There is now limited seating available on the main floor.
- Library materials can be returned to the inside book drops.
- Loan periods are returning to “normal” but fines are still not being charged. We are billing for items not returned to the library so if you became attached to an item its time to share it with the community again by returning it.
- The Art & Music Rooms on the second floor will now be open for browsing. There is no seating in these rooms at this time.
We look forward to offering expanded services as we continue to create a safe, welcoming environment for all visitors.
Visit our blog, www.manchesterlibrary.org for more information on what to expect when you return.
Curbside Pickup Procedures:
- When you are parked please call us at 624-6550 x3304 or x3314 to let us know you are here.
- We will get your holds and place them on the table in the library's vestibule.
- If you are just picking up craft kits, those are also on the table, so please take what you need. There's no need to call us! For more info about craft kits and children's programs dial x3328.
- Please be mindful that multiple patrons may be calling at the same time so be sure to check the names/initials on the item receipt(s) before you take the materials on the table!
- Please give other patrons time and space to get their items.
- If you have an accessibility issue and cannot leave your car, let us know and we will bag your materials and bring them out to you.
- If you don't have a cell phone, give us a call from home before you leave with your approximate time of arrival, and we will have your items on the table for you by the time you arrive.
If you need assistance with a library card issue call us at 624-6550 and we will help you as we can renew your card over the phone. You can also apply for a new card online.
Please continue to place returns in the outside bins for us to empty.
Chat with a librarian! Visit our blog, www.manchesterlibrary.org and try out our new chat feature during library business hours.
TEMPORARY LIBRARY CARDS
Don't have a library card? Had a card, but it expired? Sign up for a temporary library cardYou will receive a confirmation e-mail with a library card number that will let you download books and movies.