This special service is a courtesy provided by proceeds from the Manchester City Library's book sales. Passes are available to Manchester City Library cardholders.
We offer passes to many local and regional museums, for example: The Currier Museum, Millyard Museum, Museum of Science, and Boston Museum of Fine Arts. (Full list of museums). Passes may be reserved online with your Manchester Library Card. **[Getting an error message when you try to make a reservation?]
Rules for borrowing a Museum Pass:
- You must have a valid, fine-free Manchester City Library card, and be 18 years old or older.
- You may reserve a pass up to two months in advance.
- You must have your library card or photo identification with you to borrow the pass.
- You can pick the pass up to five days prior to your visit or on the day of your visit by 11:00 a.m.
- The pass must be returned to the Manchester City Library Children's Room circulation desk the next day the library is open after your visit.
- Coupon passes do not need to be returned to the library.
- There will be a $5.00 charge if a museum pass is returned in the book drop.
- There will be a $5.00 per day charge for an overdue museum pass.
- If the pass is lost, a $25.00 minimum replacement fee will be charged.
Due to the limited number of passes available, a family can only borrow one pass per week, and a specific museum pass only once per month.
Please contact the library if you are unable to use a reserved pass, since others may wish to take advantage of this service. Passes not picked up are considered a "No Show." After three (3) "No Shows," you will not be able to reserve/borrow passes for up to one year.
** Error message? Please see the list of rules above. If none of these apply to you and you still get an error message re-enter your library card number (all 14 digits) with no spaces between the digits. You may also call the library at 603-624-6550.