U.S. Federal Government Documents:The Federal Depository Library Program
The Manchester City Library has been a Federal Depository Library since 1884. Chapter 19 of Title 44 of the U.S. Code is the authority for the establishment and operation of the FDLP.
The Federal Depository Library Program was established by Congress based upon three principles of democracy:
- With certain specified exceptions, all Government publications shall be made available to Federal depository libraries.
- Federal depository libraries shall be located in each State and U.S. Congressional district in order to make Government publications widely available.
- These Government publications shall be available for free use of the general public.
Visit Government Book Talk for an in-depth look at some of the Government Printing Office's most popular publications.
- Absentee Voting Information
Absentee voting information and voting information for uniformed and overseas citizens.
- Census Bureau
Statistical data compiled by the Census Department.
- Census of Population and Housing
Detailed census data going back as far as 1790.
- Criminal Justice Research Database
National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Department of Veterans Affairs
Information for veterans.
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Getting ready to buy a new refrigerator? Check here first for one that will save you money over the long haul. Also, tips on energy efficient remodeling, heating, cooling, insulation and water systems.
- Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents
This online Pamphlet also available through Manchester City Library catalog.
Celebrating over 10 years of making statistics from more than 100 agencies available to citizens everywhere.
Current and prior year tax forms and Instructions. For current tax season information, check the Manchester City Library Blog!
- Local Tax Assistance -- Locations in Manchester
- International Database
U.S. Census Bureau's International Programs.
- International Statistical Agencies
Links to foriegn countries and their statistical websites.
- New Hampshire State Election Office
Welcome to the Secretary of State's Election Division.
- Official Government Publications (database to search)
New online portal for Federal government documents form most Federal government agencies.
- Publications Available Through FDLP Partnerships
Links to institutions and organizations who partner with the Federal Depository Library Program to provide additional information and services.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
Data compiled by Federal government agencies.
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- The U.S. House of Representatives
- The United States Government Manual
As the official handbook of the Federal Government, the United States Government Manual provides comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches.
- The United States Senate
- The White House
The White House is the official residence and principal workplace of the President of the United States.
- THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Legislative information from the Library of Congress
- Vital Records
Code of Federal Regulations, Compilation of Presidential Documents, Congressional Bills, Congressional Documents, Congressional Hearings, Congressional Record, Congressional Reports, Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation, Economic Indicators, Federal Register, Public and Private Laws, United States Code
- Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin
Information from the Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin.
You can also keep up with government documents on your favorite social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.