The New Hampshire Room is a reference collection of materials of interest to the local historian and genealogist, as well as the patron interested in all aspects of New Hampshire history. Included in the collection are city and town histories, biographies of famous N.H. people, books by N.H. authors, N.H. government, Manchester history and government and genealogies of major N.H. families. All materials must be used in the Room and a book safe photocopier is located in the room for patron use.
NH Room Rules
- Information can be obtained by telephone, in-person, or by using the form below.
- All requests for photocopying must be made in writing. Telephone requests for photocopying will not be accepted.
- Requests for Federal Census searches and Manchester vital records searches cannot be completed by the staff.
- Self-service photocopies are $0.20 each page and microfilm/fiche copies are $0.25 per page. Photocopies can be made from most volumes, unless prohibited by the condition of the volume. Rare books may not be photocopied.
- The Internet is also available for New Hampshire and genealogy topics only. Time restrictions apply.
A complete list of the collection is obtained by using the library's automated catalog.