We are pleased to offer meeting rooms for groups and organizations in Greater Manchester.
Advertisement of your event is the responsibility of the organization sponsoring the event. We would be glad to post any advertisement you provide one week prior to the program.
- The rooms are available for booking any time the library buildings are open.
- Each group or organization may book a room once a month.
We appreciate being given prompt notice of meeting/event cancellation either in person, by mail, by phone, or via the form below.
Those using our meeting rooms are asked to leave them as they found them. It is important that groups observe these rules in order to remain in good standing with the library. Each group needs to respect the rights of the next group, to conduct matters that are legal and which do not disrupt the orderly running of a library.
Equipment for meetings/events at the Main Library must be requested at least seven (7) days in advance of the date for which the room is being requested. There is no equipment available at the West Branch Library.
At the Main Library the following equipment is available:
In any room
- a DVD player,
- a VCR,
- a television,
- an LCD projector and projection screen,
- a 50 foot extension cord,
- a flip chart,
- a podium,
- internet access,
- a white board,
- a wooden easel.
In the Auditorium:
- a piano ($50 fee)
- a mic/soundsystem
- laptop projection
The Winchell Room has access to a small kitchen. There are no kitchen facilities available at the West Branch Library.
There is no fee if your organization is a registered non-profit serving the Manchester Community. Any non-profit charging an admission fee and for-profit organizations will be charged the following fees:
- $250 for the Winchell Room.
- $150 for the Hunt Room.
- $400 for the Auditorium. (There is a $90 fee for the use of the piano in the Auditorium)
- $50.00 for the Small West Branch Meeting Room.
- $100.00 for the Large West Branch Meeting Room.
All fees must be paid one full week before the event.
Food and drink
Food and drink is allowed in library meeting rooms with prior permission only.
The Main Library is surrounded by metered parking and is a pleasant walk from the Chestnut St parking garage. The Branch Library is served by a small parking lot behind the building and access via West St.
Reserve a room
Please fill out the Meeting Room Request Form and return it to Mary Gallant via email to email@example.com or fax to 603 624-6559. To book a room at the West Branch, please call 603-624-6560.
- The Auditorium seats 175 in a theater style. It has a stage and spotlights.
- The Winchell Room at Main Library seats 50 when arranged with chairs and 25 with tables and chairs.
- The Hunt Room at Main Library seats 15 around a large conference table.
West Community Branch Library
- The Large Meeting Room at West Branch seats 30.
- The Small Meeting Room at the West Branch seats 4.
When the Library Director determines that the proposed use of the meeting room(s) will require additional security or police presence, the Booking organization shall be responsible for pre-paying all of the expense.
Please see the Meeting Room Policy for our full regulations.